Sunday, November 15, 2009

Zulema Griffin





So I had the faboulous oppurtunity of meeting Zulema Griffin at a business conference hosted by Harvard last week, and I have to say, I am extremely inspired. As a previous Ford model and contestant on Project Runway, Zulema Griffin is truly a wealth of knowledge about the world of fashion. Her experience in the fashion world led her to recently jumpstart her own clothing line which she displayed online, causing her to be the first to pioneer the first Internet launched fashion show. What makes Zulema so unique is her concern with the lack of African American prescence in the fashion industry. After the conference, she spent over an hour with me to speak about these concerns and her eagerness to get more African American men and women involved in this dominated industry. She has also recently started working on a traveling film documentary called "Ink Bleach" where she explores the roots of African American culture and its dissappearance. I was extemely impressed by not only her passion for this industry, but by how much she cared about making a difference in each individual, which was clearly displayed by how much time she was willing to spend with me. If I do decide to partake in a fahion career, I would hope to have the fantastic opportunity to work with a woman this great. Below is an interview she had at one of her fashion shows.




A sneak peak at the "Ink Bleach" documentary:
http://www.zulemaonline.com/multimedia.php

Site: http://www.zulemaonline.com/homepage.php

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for passing by my blog.

    Its great your'e covering this talented woman who is very inspiring!

    Y x
    www.yolandeletshou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete