Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bienvenido a Nicaragua


"See the world in the eyes of another, and your world will never be same", a phrase that recently came to life after my recent trip to Nicaragua. During our trip, we were able to immerse ourselves into the Nicaraguan culture so as to get a taste of living life on the lines of poverty. The stories heard of triumph against dictatorship and a machismo society were impeccable. However, what was most compelling about the trip was the hospitality and genuine happiness of the Nicaraguan people. The families and indigenous people provided me with one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, and I hope that I can someday return to give them just as much as they gave me.




Palacio Nacional

Oh how we love the Kiddies!


New friendships blooming


Climb every mountain


Best place for contemplation

In the presence of the infamous Fernando Cardinal


Breathtaking prayer room


Replaying the Lion King scene on top of a volcano

No comments:

Post a Comment