Friday, October 2, 2009

Abercrombie Sues Beyonce?



I’m a little late but I had to put in my 2 cents about this one. Abercrombie recently filed a law suit trying to stop Beyonce from releasing her new fragrance “Sasha Fierce”. They claim to have already trademarked the name when they launched their men’s cologne “Fierce” in 2002. On the other hand, Beyonce claims to have sent a letter of intent application with the U.S Patent and Trademark Office in 2008. In my opinion, these two fragrances will be appealing to two different audiences so I don’t see why they can’t have similar names. Or is Abercromie just afraid of a little competition? Either way, I am very anxious to hear the outcome of this dispute.

Site: http://cdn.newsone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/alg_beyonce_abercrombie.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment